OFF TO THE RACES!


I have lived in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) for a long time. Actually, for the past few years I have lived less than 10 mins from the Woodbine Race track. I often drive by it but never really thought much about seeing the races. I didn't know much about horse racing and found it quite intimidating. 
But, when I got an invitation from Dan Tordjman, from America's Best Racing, to come and enjoy a day at the races along with a VIP tour to see the horses up close, I jumped at the chance! Dan and Victoria invited a group of Toronto bloggers to experience a day at the races. Needless to say it was a day full of fun and adventure, and I cannot wait to go back!

We started the day at the stables, finished it with some winnings, not to mention met some great people during the day!

At @woodbineracing today...such a beautiful day..can't wait till the races begun! @americasbestracing @WoodbineRacing @ABRLive @ABRVTour
Starting the day early at the stables, around 10am we got to see the horses having lunch! Apparently their day starts at 4am, and then training begins. Some of these fellas were a bit moody but some couldn't wait to pose for a picture!

We also met "Escaper", the winner of last years races..such a beauty!
Got to pose with some of these horses. It's real how gorgeous they are!

Oh yes, and then we got to go to the track! The track is getting prepped early in the morning for the races. What a feeling to be standing in this place!

Oh yea, I also fell in love with this guy. I couldn't believe we were in the middle of the largest city in the country, and it felt like we were in another world...simply breathtaking!

The horses getting ready for the races. Getting some brand new shoes fitted.

What a beauty!


Now at the races! Not only did we go a wee bit crazy instragmming and tweeting..we actually got to bring home our pics with us! How cool is that? 

What a feeling to be at the races...oh did I mention I ended up winning! Not much but hey not bad for a rookie!


We even got to go to the Paddock. This was one of the coolest things about being a guest of America's Best Racing team. This is where the trainers prep the horses, and make their way to the starting line. Seeing the Jockeys up close was a surreal experience..I definitely felt like a VIP!



I want to give a big thanks to Americas Best Racing for this amazing opportunity. I had a blast, and learned so much about Horse Racing. Thank you Dan and his team for putting this together for us, there is nothing else I would rather do on a Sunday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...