HOW I STYLED MY LOUIS GHOST CHAIR FROM STRUCTUBE

Hello Lovelies! I had the pleasure to go the BlogPodium this year, a great conference for Canadian bloggers! I got to meet some amazing bloggers, and learned about the business side of blogging. Best of all, I met some great sponsors! One of which is Structube. Structube gave away two styles of chairs to the bloggers, and I naturally picked the "Modern Romantic" style for myself. I have been in love with this chair since I first saw it in a Sex and the City episode in season 6 (shot in Paris), so naturally I was thrilled to have finally gotten my hands on one! Since picking it up from their Liberty Village location in Toronto, I have been busy styling it, and here I show you how I styled my Luxe chair.


White and gold home decor with Louis Ghost chair from structube

Painting my room white was the best thing I have ever done! It is a blank canvas that really makes the accessories pop. I have never been able to commit to one metal, so I blatantly mix gold and silver, and with enough repetition you can make this concept work very well. My room is slowly turning into the romantic oasis I have always dreamed of.

White and gold home decor with Louis Ghost chair from structube
First, I decided on my themes and then chose objects that fit more than one theme. My themes for my bedroom are Travel, Gold&White, Feminine. I then broke down each accessory into a theme:
Travel: Eiffel tower + Sea shells + Paris books
Gold: Sea shells + Decanter + Gold dot book cover + Tea cup
Feminine: Tea cup + pretty books + curvy lines
More details below.


White and gold home decor with Louis Ghost chair from structube
Nothing says glamor like a crystal chandelier, from Home Depot!

White and gold home decor with Louis Ghost chair from structube

The Gold sea urchin metallic wall hangings are from Target, spray painted gold against to match the decor. With so much gold in accessories, it is nice to break it up with cool silver. You don't want too much matchy-matchy. 
Table top acessories: I purchased the side table from Homesense (similar at Westelm). Eiffel tower from Paris (of course), Gold seashells from Costa Rica I spray painted myself placed in champagne glass from Chapters-Indigo. Gold decanter also from Chapters-Indigo (holiday collection from last year). Books are also from Chapters-Indigo, clearly all things French! I topped it with tea cup I purchased from Homesense and did a little DIY with gold sharpie.


White and gold home decor with Louis Ghost chair from structube

This goes to show you don't need to spend a lot of money to make a space look luxurious. Little bit of paint, and an eclectic mix of pieces can really tie a place together as long as you have a theme or two. Definitely have more than one theme, it keeps the place looking more interesting and easier to shop for! With the Chair so simple and clean, I decided to keep as it is and decorate around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...