HOME DECOR: HOW TO CREATE AN INDIAN RUSTIC BEDROOM


I am sure at one point or another, while surfing the Pinterest, you have come across this image. Isn't it stunning. The white peaceful pallet and the drama of the over sized headboard, paired with Indian fabrics. I love white bedrooms, but I cannot do minimalism, I get too bored. Being from an Indian background and my love for travel, I try to incorporate exotic travel decor through the house. Below are the beautiful drawer pulls I found at Zara home last week, 80% off! The drawer pulls reminded me of the eyeliner pots women used at least up until 20 years ago, they can still be found in India; but becoming more and more rare with all the international makeup brands are taking over. Anyway, I am going off on a tangent, my point is you don't have to travel far and beyond to make your home look well traveled. After my major score last week, I visited Zara home to put together a lovely white room with an Indian flare.

Surma dani (indian eye liner pots) inspired drawer pulls: Home decor from Zara home
Surma Dani (eye pot liner) inspired drawer pulls from Zara Home
Surma dani (indian eye liner pots) inspired drawer pulls: Home decor from Zara home
Gold Intricate Drawer Pulls
Zara home decor: White Bedroom, Indian inspired white and gold decor with wood carved trays

Here I give an ultimate Indian inspired bedroom. The textures are a must, beautiful paisley prints, hand woven baskets and benches (which I am obsessed with, as I have seen my mom and aunts weave them at home!), the round knobs with beautiful metallic patterns, rustic ladder, and of course stamped fabrics. These are all essentials to create a texture rich bedroom with a monochromatic pallet. There are no real rules, just pick the things with natural finish and rustic pattern. 
Having lived in India for the first 10 years of my life, I got see the "old school" stuff go into the storage room, as it was replaced with more modern furniture. Even at the age of 10 I felt this "old" stuff was beautiful, but try explaining it to your parents. There is still my grand mother's hand carved Armoire in the storage room, which I plan to bring it over one day..but until then I have Zara Home.


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks hun, can't go wrong with white right!

      Delete
  2. This is STUNNING...and I need to get to Zara Home (online) asap. Really beautiful! www.GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's so hard to make white cozy, but once done right its so pretty!

      Delete
  4. I mean... I love everything about this! And the pink pop of color is swoon-worthy! Love it! www.GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty and calming! I think those drawer pulls would add just the right shimmer to lots of different styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne, exactly what I thought, they can work with just about anything!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Love all the finds!
    XO
    Carrie and Stacy
    www.csgemsjewelry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls :) ..I love stalking zara home in in my free time lol

      Delete
  7. These images are so pretty! I want to pin them!

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool and vintage! Those colors are also awesome
    www.rainbootsandretail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, I love adding vintage wherever I can!

      Delete
  9. I am so in love with that headboard. It is GORGEOUS!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know right, I love to recreate that in my master!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous. I love ALL the white. I definitely cannot wait to move this summer and completely redecorate!

    xoxo, Elena Michelle
    www.anewyorkloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...