DIY: GOLD LEAFING CANDLE VOTIVE

I am a big DIYer (is that a word?!), but anyway I do enjoy creating new fun decorative things, and even love vamping up old stuff and make it trendy. So today's DIY is simple and easy, and to be honest I was even surprised how well it turned out.

DIY: Gold leaf pen used for geometric pattern on candle votive
First of all materials:
1. Cleaned out candle jar, can be clear or any colour!
2. Gold leafing Pen, I got mine form Michael's
3. Tape, can be any tape that not heavy duty, I just happened to use what I had laying around

DIY: Gold leaf pen used for geometric pattern on candle votive
Step 1: Tape the jar in a triangular fashion
Step 2: Use the Gold Leaf pen just as a marker (but be sure to press the tip a few times to release the inc)
Step 3:  Let the jar dry for about half hour, and then do another coat

DIY: Gold leaf pen used for geometric pattern on candle votive
Step 3: Repeat if necessary, I did some touch ups after the second coat dried up, or do a full third coat
Step 4: Carefully remove the tape
Voila! Enjoy a brand new Gold Leafed Candle jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...