VINTAGE MEETS MID-CENTURY

Chairish is an exclusive, curator approved, online marketplace for vintage and used furniture. They have a brand new collections of rugs with various patterns and color to suit any style! A rug can be a true and unexpected statement piece in a room. To show you how to incorporate color using a fabulous rug I give you my take on a room using a vintage Turkish rug in grass-green! Green has to be my favorite color when it comes to home accessories. When I have numerous color choices, I always opt for green. It is fresh, it is calming, and I feel it brings a little bit of nature in without being too literal.  I chose this fun Green rug out of numerous bold colors, found HERE, and created this style-board using antique pieces from Chairish with a mix of new modern pieces.


1. starburst chandelier // 2. mid-century sofa // 3. rustic sculpture // 4. contemporary vases // 5. hand-painted vintage mirror // 6. grass-green turkish rug // 7. vintage (1960s) decanter set // 8. geometric gold coffee table // 9. antique opera lorgnette// 10. velvet ottoman // 11. simple seating // 12. geometric mirror set // 13. bar cart //14. sun-burst mirror

When dealing with bold colors, it is important to keep everything else fairly neutral. I find green goes really well with warm and cold metallics. Gold is no brainer when pairing with green and it is right on trend right now! I also chose a charcoal gray mid-century couch to off set the green carpet to ground the room. Dark accessories also help to pull the look together. I used a nail sculpture as art to pull gold and gray together, and black vases add a modern vibe while giving a nod to the mid century furniture. How gorgeous is the green decanter set from the 60s!
I also loved the deep colors of the blue ottoman, and accessorized with antique Opera lorgnette, to add more subtle punches of color without overwhelming the space. 
Mirrors are the easiest way to add interest to walls, and I chose 3 different designs, they are all either antique, inspired by the mid-century, and go beautifully with the green rug. Keeping the coffee table and side table simple really allows the accessories to shine. 
Last but not the least, my favorite chandelier of all time. Gold starburst is a classic design, which adds function and interest to the ceiling. Think of lighting as the final touch of bling to complete the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...