Infused Water

So I have been totally slacking on gym lately...or more like for the last 6 months. I do minor cardio here and there but nothing dedicated, which makes it harder to stick to a schedule. So, now that I am back from a mini vacation, I decided to finally do it. And along with that start eating healthier.

One thing I recently tried is Infused Water. I love the taste of water so I never felt the need to change the taste of it, but this is something I can do. And for a lazy bum like me, it is very realistic habit to stick to! I tried two different types, but it seems you can do pretty much anything you want when it comes to infused water.



july3 035

Lemon and Mint. Basically 1-2 sclices or lemon and 3-4 leaves of mint per glass. Fill it up with water and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours min, and no more than 8. I find mint gets bitter over time so 2-4 hours is what I liked. It tastes very refreshing, esp on a hot summer day even during a workout!

july3 030

I was making a smoothie and decided to throw some leftover berried in a glass, following the exact same method. Result: AMAZING! It was like drinking a strawberry shake,  but lighter and healthier. I love the taste of strawberries, so this could be an easy way to trick your mouth into having something "sweet" without all the calories. I know our brains are smarter than that, but hey at least you get some good old antioxidants in your system this way!

july3 029

So, there you have it. Really simple infused water recipes for beginners. More recipes below.

Infused Water Recipes: Aid your body in the normal detoxification process! |
Image Via Pinterest

Green Bowl: Chapters Indigo
Glass Bottles: Homesense
Straws: Homesense/ Target


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...